Guidelines for Submitting Poetry, Fiction, and Non-Fiction
Please note: Due to a backlog, we are no longer accepting submissions for the rest of the 2019 open reading period.
(Click here for information about our writing contests.)
BkMk Press will read unsolicited sample submissions received or postmarked from February 1 through June 30. Please follow the guidelines below.
- Submit a sample of your book manuscript: approximately 10 pages poetry; or 50 pages short fiction or creative non-fiction.
- Typed and paginated. Short fiction and creative non-fiction should be double-spaced.
- Please include a cover letter indicating your name and address, the title and genre of your submission, and the scope or nature of the larger manuscript it represents.
- Do not submit manuscripts by email.
Submit online via Submittable.
- Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for our reply.
- Mail to: BkMk Press, University of Missouri-Kansas City, 5101 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO 64110
- Manuscripts will not be returned. Do not send the only copy of your work.
BkMk publishes quality collections of literary poetry, short fiction, and creative non-fiction.
We try to reply to submissions in six months.